Saturday, August 28, 2010

Not Enough?????

Well, it is that time of year!  The time of year when I wonder if I have enough put up for the year.  I really stress over this, ya'll.   It bothers me.  My garden has been less than glorious this year.  The weather has been weird for Tennessee and some things just didn't produce as usual.  I have to continuosly remind myself that God will provide and I need to be satisfied with the abundance.    I am in a constant internal struggle over what I know to be true (God Providing) and what I am afraid might happen (not having enough and having to spend money I wanted to save at the grocery store)--  I guess there are worse things to worry about but I have a generally stress free, wonderful, blessed life.   I haven't counted all I have put up and to most it looks like a lot but is it???   I have two freezers.  One is full of beef, corn, fried okra, pesto, basil, peppers, zucchini, squash, and I can't remember what else--- Ohh yeah, blueberries.   The other has more corn, salsa, more okra, roasted tomatoes and that is about it. It is primarily still empty.  Boooo!!!!   Not much variety there.   I have two big canning cabinets and they are not full either.  Yikes, what am I gonna do? WWWHHHaaatttt am I gonna do?  In my cabinets I have canned Blueberry, Peach, Blackberry Jams, Salsa, Spaghetti Sauce,  Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Bar b Que sauce,  and green beans..  I am sure I am forgetting some but it is still not enough.  I have potatoes under my house and dried beans in jars.  I have also dried some herb flower heads. I am expecting to fill my second freezer with hog that will be slaughtered a little later.  I have also put out my fall garden out so that will fill up some more space.  What am I missing?  I will probably buy some extra produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment