Monday, August 9, 2010

Dull women

Lately I have been pondering the phrase "Dull women have clean houses" !  I am the queen of doing 20 little projects at once and if you are reading this blog you probably are too!  If you look around my house you will find little stacks of project stuff and things I have bought or recycled for upcoming projects.  It doesn't lay around forever because I am certainly not lazy and am always working on something, but there are always messes somewhere!  I am not going to post pictures of my "bomb" of a house right now (It is canning season!)  but believe me it is bad.  Along with the peppers hanging from every rafter there are cookbooks, sewing patterns, fabric, jars, magazines full of new ideas and much MUCH more.  My point is that up until now I have always believed the above to be true!  I don't like unexpected company and when it is clean it is really really clean but it really doesn't bother me that much because I believe there are more important things.  I try to read my bible twice a day.  More than once when housework is calling God has also been calling me to do a devotion so I believe that we should try to keep a clean home but obviously other things are more important.
   So why have I been pondering this lately????   Well, my youngest starts kindergarten on Thursday and I will be at home all by myself until 3:00 in the afternoon.  It has just donned on me that I may actually have time to keep my house immaculate.  My 4 year old won't be following behind me pulling out things I just put up. To tell you the truth, the idea of a quite, clean house all sound a little "DULL" to me!  So over the next few weeks I am going to try hard to clean a little but not too much because I refuse to be dull! 

No comments:

Post a Comment