Saturday, February 5, 2011

Flouride

I recently took my kids to a new dentist.  They were all scared because it was a new office and well dentists are scary (at least they are to me, because I never get numb)  Anyway, I explained to him how I don't use any chemicals (including commercial toothpastes) and would appreciate him not giving my kids the regular toothpaste and coated floss to take home.  After that conversation he probably deduced (is that a word??)  that I was a total looney bin and then the question about flouride came up.. Did I want my kids to receive the flouride treatment?  Well NO...   Then he wanted to know why and gave me an explanation about why he thought I was wrong. He said nothing had been proven and he would abide by my wishes.  He made me feel like an idiot for questioning him.. AFter all he is the dentist and he knows what he is talking about much more than I do.
   A week after this happened the reports about flouride in water began streaming in via the News.  They are going to reduce the flouride in the city water??? What??? This cannot be, because there is no evidence according to my dentist that  there are any problems with flouride!   We live on a farm so we are not exposed to flouride except maybe in the very few processed foods we consume.  That makes me happy because this is real problem for some.. I have posted a link to Dr. Mercola's news flash that I read today.  It has links the "Environmental Working Group" and some other studies and organizations that have information on the subject.  
    My point of this whole post is to remember that instincts can be right and when it comes to you and your childrens' health you have to take control and not rely on others to know the information or even to support the valid research information.  http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/02/05/breaking-news-us-finally-admits-too-much-fluoride-in-the-water.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I saw a comment you left on Homestead Revival regarding the deodarant you make up, but you didn't put amounts in...I was wondering if you could tell me. I break out in a rash with the one Amy shared. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete